Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Words of Wellness - "Word of the Year"


Recently I was challenged by a friend and fellow motivational speaker to implement a new annual ritual called “word of the year.” The concept is to select a single word or even coin a new word that will be your mantra, motivation, inspiration, and the defining characteristic of the upcoming New Year. This challenge has made a remarkable impact on my thinking over the last several weeks since this challenge was bestowed upon me.

After much deliberation and contemplation, I first decided to re-visit 2011 in hopes that the past year would help me define this year. In retrospect, I decided that my word of the year for 2011 must have been “development.” Last year allowed me to develop wonderful relationships, new programs and content that will fuel my success in 2012. Last year, and always, I aim to develop and improve as a speaker, author, life coach and health advocate. I was also able to be instrumental in helping DME Benefitness, redefine their corporate culture and workplace wellness by helping develop a new website, blog, and newsletter. Every day I strive to develop health and happiness for myself and those around me. Thanks to my development in 2011, I am now poised to create wellness for many people and businesses in 2012.

My personal zeitgeist for 2011 was great, but enough about the past. It’s now crystal clear to me that my word of the year for 2012 will be “wellthy.” No, that’s not a typo.

Wellthy (adjective) - synergistically benefitting from the combination of health, wealth, happiness, and wellness.

A wellthy individual realizes that their greatest wealth is in their health and that their success and overall wellness can be measured by the size of the smile on their face.

Personally, I’ve invested thousands of hours of time and immeasurable thought and energy into becoming wellthy. I believe that H.E.A.L.T.H. stands for Helping Everyone Always Leads To Happiness; therefore, I created a business that truly helps others attain health, happiness and success. By helping others and leading by example, I’m certain that I will become abundantly “wellthy” in 2012.

My first wellthy action is to pass on this challenge to you: define your 2012 with your own personal “word of the year.” Before you make futile New Year’s resolutions that will be forgotten by February or set unrealistic goals that you will never pursue, put some serious thought into defining your purpose in life. This introspective thought exercise will magically reveal your word of the year and empower you to make a difference in the world – starting with a Happy New YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment