Monday, January 2, 2012

Recipe for Resolution #2 - Language


Change your language. No, I'm not suggesting that you buy Rosetta Stone and start learning French (unless you're going to France).


I am suggesting that you change your own language by permanently removing the following words from your vocabulary:
 “Can’t, try, maybe, consider, and eventually”
– and replace them with:
“Can, will, definitely, resolve, and now.”

Be cognoscente of your language and choice of words – are you speaking with empowering words or are you subconsciously limiting yourself with your own vernacular? 

Example:
Change: “Maybe I’ll eventually consider trying to change, but right now I can’t.” To: “Now I will definitely resolve to change because I CAN do whatever I put my mind to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment